It feels like I sat down to write one of these just the other day. At that point, the baby was as big as a lemon, now the baby is supposedly the size of a mango. All this talk about fruit is making me hungry. I need a snack.
In one more week, I would be halfway through my pregnancy… it is going by so fast and I am desperate for it to slow down. Not only because I am not anywhere close to being ready, but also because I want to take my time enjoying it. All I have for this poor child so far is skincare products! There is so much we still need to sort out, plan for, change, make, research… I am trying to not feel too overwhelmed. I am also trying to not leave everything to the last minute, but with the festive season being upon us things have been a little crazy around here.
The only thing I seem to be struggling with at the moment is terrible heartburn, hormones, and round ligament pain. I got so angry yesterday that I threw my hairdryer against the wall. It broke into a million little pieces… I guess I’ll need a new one of those as well. After that, I ugly cried for an hour. Why? Because my husband did not clear the kitchen table before I needed to start cooking before I had to ask. That’s not all, he laughed at how ridiculous I was being and that’s what set me off into a wild rage. I know, probably not something that should be admitted on social media. Sorry if I sound crazy, but that is because I kind of am.
The little lemon has been moving non-stop, I can properly feel him turn and kick now. He is a busy little bugger – just like his baby brother (who literally kicked himself out of my uterus 6 weeks early). Unfortunately, with the round ligament pain, it is sometimes a bit painful/uncomfortable when he moves. Don’t even get me started on the excruciating feeling when I cough or sneeze.
I am not craving anything in particular at the moment, but I do enjoy a big glass of ice cold milk every day. I am completely over the orange juice thing, and I cannot touch raw meat at all. I don’t particularly like the taste of chocolate and cannot stand pork!
I have gotten really big, really quickly (I am even bigger now than in the photo below)… I am not even joking or trying to be funny. I am scared. I am going to end up looking like Octomom. Thank goodness Cherry Melon sent me some amazing maternity clothes. Their pregnancy leggings are by far THE BEST. They are extremely comfortable and I have literally been living in them. I will take some photo’s and share them with you next week, but I am so impressed with the quality and comfort of their clothing.
View this post on Instagram
Why is this going so fast??? Everyone is asking me for bump pictures 🤣 I've gotten quite big, quite quickly… So here you go. My very first bump pic (swipe for a side-profile). 17 weeks in…. 22 weeks & 3 days to go before I hold my baby boy in my arms. Before I become a mom of three… A family of 5! I am so excited, and I am loving this journey. Also, I found the PERFECT kimono from @cherrymelonmaternity … You don't have to be pregnant to rock this! It's the perfect length and shape, the colour is gorgeous and the quality is impeccable. What do you think? . . . #babybumpselfie #babybump #bumpupdate #17weeks #pregnancy #pregnancylife #pregnant #bumpstyle #maternity #fashion #ootd
I made the gender announcement on Instagram a while back (this is exactly why you should be following me on there) if you missed it – we are having another BOY! I was really hoping for a girl, but I knew from the beginning it was a boy. A boy also just makes so much more sense, it feels right. We have found a few names that we like, but I cannot seem to decide between them. I think we will know when we see his face, like with the other two. I already love him so much… pregnancy truly is a miracle and a privilege (even when it is downright awful). It never ceases to amaze me what our bodies and our hearts are capable of.
We have our next big scan in about two weeks time, this one serves to check if the baby’s spine is closing up nicely. We are not worried, so far everything looks perfect and I hope that this easy pregnancy would mean an easy birth without complications. Like I have said before, I think I deserve one of those.
Next week I will start planning properly, but I would appreciate your help. Everything has changed so much in the past 4-years and I feel a bit overwhelmed. I want to buy items that are practical… this is our last baby, so it does not necessarily need to last a lifetime. It does, however, need to be safe.
I would love your recommendations and opinions on the following:
• Does your baby sleep in a cot, camp cot, nest, pod, baby carrier or co-sleeper? Which ones are best and what would you recommend? In terms of how we plan to sleep with the baby, it will be the same as with our other two. A combination of co-sleeping and having him in his own cot in our bedroom for the first few months.
• Recommendations for a good baby monitor, preferably with a screen so you can see the baby.
• The best place to buy nice, big muslin swaddle wraps? I got some off Wish, but who knows when they will arrive. I am obsessed with muslin swaddle wraps and used them for everything with Knox. I bought Knox the Aiden and Anais ones, but they are just so pricey!
• Which baby carrier do you think is the best? We had a Noonoo pie baby wrap with Knox and it was a total lifesaver. It was just a bit complicated and it took forever for me to get the hang of it… what do you recommend? I would want to use it from birth as I feel babywearing is extremely beneficial. Maybe a wrap and a carrier?
• I have settled on using Tommee Tippee bottles after doing loads of research, would it make more sense to get the Tommee Tippee breast pump? Has anyone used the Tommee Tippee electric breast pump and would you recommend it? Any nifty new breastmilk storage solutions I should know about? I know I am being ambitious, but hopefully, breastfeeding works out for me this time around.
Please let me know if you have seen anything cool we should take note of ♥
View this post on Instagram
Oh boy… Here we go again 🤣💙 IT'S A BOY! I really wanted a girl, because I had a particular name in mind. I thought I would be disappointed – but this kind of just makes sense – It's a good balance. It feels right and I'm so excited… Obviously @duderevude_cole is over the moon 😂 I'm going to need some name suggestions… I'm coming up blank!